Monday, January 9, 2012

And the word of the month is...

Advocacy!  To digress just a minute or so...when I was young, I had the (good/ strange- I'm not quite sure) opportunity to watch "Pee-wee's Playhouse" as part of my lineup of Saturday morning cartoons.  Did you?  I distinctly remember the 'word of the day' segment at the beginning; anytime one of the characters uttered the word during the episode, it was followed by the instructed 'aaaaugh'- scream really loud.

In the world of music therapy, we're using our word- advocacy- throughout the month of January.  Music therapy bloggers (including yours truly) and podcasters from around the country will be expressing their thoughts on the topic and our profession- why it's important, how to be an advocate, ideas, and tips. A complied list of contributions can be found on the Music Therapy Maven's website.  If you're a Twitter user, you can also follow the #mtadvocacy hashtag.

I'm looking forward to each week's articles and podcasts, as well as sharing my own with you toward the end of the month...no screaming at the word necessary  : ).