Monday, January 16, 2012

a-d-v-o-c-a-t-e...on YouTube

As promised, I'd like to share part of my contribution to the 2012 Music Therapy Social Media Advocacy Month with you...by way of my first YouTube video!
This actually came before my article...(half truth- I had a pretty solid rough draft, but then the song 'happened' and changed my course of thinking).  I was driving home at the end of my work day- with the days' songs + ideas of writing for the project swirling in my mind- and this came to be in a very short period of time.  Thank goodness for voice memo apps!
I often find that individuals who are not familiar with music therapy can really benefit from experiental examples- active or passive... I'm hoping that the new Music Matters YouTube channel will allow for future educate-by-example advocacy opportunities.