Thursday, June 30, 2011

updates + a new class!

It came to my attention this week that, unknowingly, I had made a boo-boo and didn't renew my website hosting. Oops! Actually, a big OOPS! I've been planning a re-design of the site, and wanted to keep hosting, domain registration, etc. with one service, versus multiple companies. It was in making that switch that I must have forgotten to include the hosting! A misstep, but one that will work out alright. I'm so excited to have a very creative mind helping with a new design and know that the layout will be terrific! So for now, information can be found here, as well as on Facebook. Speaking of...
I announced this evening that Music Matters is now offering a new class- Baby Sing & Sign. After completion of training, I became certified, and am finishing up the first Cincinnati group! This program combines equal parts music, play, and sign language to teach young ones a meaningful way of communicating basic wants and needs before vocal mechanisms are developed enough for verbal output. In this way, it can help reduce frustration of both the child and parent/caregiver. I really love that this class is beneficial for kiddos with and without special needs. And, families are provided with written + audio materials to use at home. Stay tuned for announcements of upcoming classes, as well as the debut of the new website! If you have questions or would like to inquire about forming a Sing & Sign group, contact me : )