Monday, May 16, 2011

"rainy play day"

Last month was the wettest April in Cincinnati history, since records began being kept in 1835. I know that I was hoping that as the calendar flipped from April to May, we'd suddenly flip the rain off and the sunshine on...bummer, but no such luck yet. We've had some nice days in the tri-state, but they were "teaser" days, and this week's forecast begins with much cooler temps + chances and chances of rain.
As adults, we're yearning for the warmth of sunshine to lift our spirits or provide a great backdrop for outside work and gardening, and get-togethers with friends and family. However, as a kid, I just wanted to go in the backyard and play! When that's not an option, what do you (+ your kiddos) do for inside entertainment?

ps...look: the bandcamp player is working...hooray!


CHORUS:
It’s a r-r-rainy day
So inside’s where I’ll stay
I’ll get wet if I play outside
So inside’s where I’ll stay, ‘cause
It’s a r-r-rainy day

The rain is falling down from the sky
But inside my house I stay nice and dry
Inside is where I’ll play
Until the rain is gone
And the wet weather moves away

CHORUS

Stay inside, read a book
Play with toys, help mom cook;
Listen to music, watch TV
Paint, dance, sing;
Use the computer, blow some bubbles
Take some pictures, finish a puzzle;
Study for school, play with my pet
Inside I can play and I won’t get wet

CHORUS